EQ Saturday Sapience #48
Equity Intelligence 6th January 2024
India is sweeping investors off their feet with its allure and promises of great rewards - Mark Mobius shares his understanding of the incredible depth and variety of the country’s cultural landscape after a pan-India month-long trip. India saw its highest-ever domestic air traffic in a single month this December with the month closing with 13.8 million passengers. How AI shook the world in 2023, and Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw in conversation with Tamanna Inamdar sheds light on 'India's Rail Revolution'.
- Traditional stock valuation metrics like price/earnings ratios often overlook the future growth potential of many Indian companies. While the current P/E ratios may seem high, they primarily reflect past performance and don't fully capture the prospective rapid growth in earnings, potentially making Indian stocks more attractive in the long term, says Mark Mobius. Read more
- December marked the highest-ever air traffic in India. The December numbers are the cherry on the cake for 2023 - which also saw the highest-ever domestic air traffic in India, beating the 2019 numbers handsomely and completing the post-pandemic recovery. A bumper quarter and a bumper profit would set the path forward for most airlines. Read more
- 2023 was the year that generative AI truly went global, with commercial tools like ChatGPT and Midjourney becoming widely available, AI was used for all things wonderful and worrying. Read more
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw’s insightful conversation with Tamanna Inamdar sheds light on 'India's Rail Revolution'. Watch here
- “An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and an adequate return.” — Benjamin Graham